2.23.2005

Married life...who needs it?

Finally the official, if not yet legal end to my sham of a marriage. While the most prominent feeling is one of relief, I also seem to harbor a fair amount of guilt, and anger. Guilt of course, for the escapades that have preceded this entry, and anger that my husband was unable or unwilling to make the slightest effort to improve our situation. He in fact was unwilling to even discuss the matter, and blatantly ignored any and all signs of discord.

So am I happily off to partake of the love nest offered by hillbaby? Of course not, that would be too easy, and didn't someone say that the course of true love never runs smooth? Not that I am convinced that this is true love, but it is definitely a true chemical connection. Of the mind blowing, eye rolling, incoherent thought variety. Am I shallow to place that much importance on something so basic? I don't think so. After all the failure of my marriage can directly be blamed upon the lack of physical chemistry I felt with my husband. I foolishly thought that it was unimportant and that our mental connection was sufficent for the rest of my life. That lasted almost a year.

In other news, gossip, recently died down, has ressurected with a vengance due to my newly single status. Everyone knows that there must be someone, but no one knows who. Speculation runs rampant among the bored and illiterate of my town. I will say to the wives who are currently besmirching my "good" name with claims that I tried unsuccesfully to seduce their husbands, let it be said here and now, I have never unsuccesfully seduced anyone. So if I have had your husband I have had them, and that is not open for discussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home